Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a Schecter C-1 (Hellraiser). The eyelets below the bridge are coming loose. How can I fix this?

Specifically, the eyelets below the bridge are on on the strings (Low) E and A. Now, I noticed that when I play (Earnie Ball Power Slinkys 11-42), and put a lot a "bend" into the strings, that there is a "metallic" sound. (Almost like the strings are rubbing against the metal eyelet.





I play thru a Marshall 100w, and on low distortion, it is failly noticible! (w/ high distortion, you can't hear it at all!).





I've owned/played countless other electrics including Schecters, but this specific C-1 Hellraiser is the first one I've ever seen/heard/or played that does this).





PS: thinking that it might be the strings, in the past 4 months, I have tried Elixirs, GHS's, DR's (Black Beauties), Black Diamond's, Dean Markley's, and now Ernie Ball's. It's not the strings!





Anyone every heard of this???? If so, how can I fix it!

I have a Schecter C-1 (Hellraiser). The eyelets below the bridge are coming loose. How can I fix this?
Take off the string. Work the eyelet up so you can get a very small drop of super glue between it and the body. Push the eyelet back down firmly. Be careful not to get the glue on the finish. (a toothpick can help). It sounds like the inside of the eyelet has a rough spot that the string is rubbing against. Take an old wound E string and rub it in and out like a file. If that doesn't work, you can get new eyelets from www.stewmac.com.

gardenia

No comments:

Post a Comment