Thursday, July 30, 2009

Redirecting URL with C++?

Hi,


I want to make a program that would redirect a person to one URL if they typed in a certain address.





For example, they enter:





www.domain1.com





It would redirect them to





http://www.domain2.net





The problem is that I have NO idea where to start. I don't know any functions or anything that could help accomplish this. Also, do I have to include something called windows.h? Everybody includes that in their C++ program when performing things in Windows, and I thought I might have to do that too.





Can anybody point me out to functions or anything that retrieve an entered URL, and redirect that person? Thanks.

Redirecting URL with C++?
What is the context of this program? Is it a standalone console program? An Apache module? A CGI? What?





Also, how are you determining (as a person), what the new URL should be? Looking it up in a table? Some sort of algorithm, what?


No comments:

Post a Comment